Construction on the Confederation Line nears completion and RTG is actively working towards finishing remaining works and the testing and commissioning program.
Testing Program and Outstanding Items
The testing program team continues to address the following final items:
- Train vehicle preparedness and reliability.
- Additional Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS) tests.
- Final testing of PACIS software (this is the onboard passenger announcements for ‘next stations’; it is both visual and audible).
- Final testing of the control systems for transit operations.
- Final testing of the power system to the alignment and trains.
- Maintenance readiness
- CBTC (train control system) qualification is complete.
- All critical system integration tests (SIT) are complete.
Once substantial completion has been achieved, the following activities are scheduled to occur:
- 12-Day trial running
- Safety Auditor sign-off