The Rideau Transit Group’s primary focus remains on testing and commissioning activities and operational running of the vehicles along the alignment.
Activities Across the Alignment – Construction Update
Occupancy permits have been issued for all stations except for Rideau Station. Rideau Station is undergoing final touch-ups such painting, signage installation, and installation of tactile warning strip indicators for the visually impaired. Final elevator commissioning is underway. Final clean-up is also underway.
Thales has issued the final safety certificates for all 34 trains, and testing activities are continuing.
- OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training is progressing well.
- Operational running of the trains continues.
Crews continue to simulate service conditions, including running trains on a schedule.
- Testing of coupled trains on the alignment is ongoing.
- Commissioning of the communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) is ongoing.
- OC Transpo is now practicing launching trains into service, similar to the operations that will occur in revenue service.
- System integration tests (SIT) for the Traction Power Substations (TPSS) are underway.
- Crews are calibrating and tuning the Guideway Intrusion Detection System (GIDs) scanners.