As construction nears completion, the focus has shifted to the remaining testing and commissioning activities and operational running on the alignment.
Activities Across the Alignment – Construction Update
Occupancy permits have been issued for all stations except for Rideau Station. Rideau Station is undergoing final touch-ups such painting, signage installation, and electrical work. Final elevator commissioning is underway. Final clean-up is also underway.
Significant progress continues to be made and crews are now starting to focus on the operational running of the Confederation Line as well as testing and commissioning.
- All 34 trains have completed the DPICO tests and the remaining tests will focus on Operational Scenario testing where the teams will simulate running a scheduled train service.
- There is ongoing testing of coupled trains on the alignment. Commissioning of communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) is ongoing
- OCTranspo is now testing the launching of trains on the guideway, similar to the activities that what will occur in revenue service.
- OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training is ongoing.
- Weekend operations are now a regular occurrence as part of the simulated operational testing.