As station construction nears completion, the focus of this weekly update will shift to the remaining testing and commissioning activities.
Activities Across the Alignment – Construction Update
Tunney’s Pasture, Bayview, Pimisi, St-Laurent, uOttawa, Lees, Hurdman, Tremblay, Cyrville, and Blair Stations have all received their occupancy permits. Final touch-ups at Parliament and Lyon Stations are ongoing and occupancy permits are anticipated soon. Rideau Station is undergoing final touch-ups such as tiling, signage installation, and ongoing electrical work. Final elevator and escalator commissioning is also underway.
Testing and commissioning activities are progressing well and crews are advancing with the remaining activities, they include but are not limited to:
- Testing of the CBTC (train control system) is underway and 28 out of 34 vehicles have been safety certified for the onboard control system. The remaining six trains will be certified in early April.
- In recent weeks, 20 trains operated simultaneously in various configurations (single and double). Expect to see more coupled trains on the alignment in the coming weeks.
- End-to-end performance testing is underway.
- Commissioning of the communications systems at the Transit Operation Control Centre (TOCC) continues.
- Power system testing, requiring multiple vehicles travelling the length of the system, is underway.
- OC Transpo’s Electric Rail Operator training continues to progress on schedule.