In the Lyon Station cavern formwork continues on the L-walls and will be followed by concrete pouring.
In the Parliament Station cavern, Jawbreaker finishes mining the north bench, and begins mining the central bench. Initial support activities for the north bench continue.
In the running tunnel, excavation continues between Parliament and Rideau stations, near Metcalfe Street. Shotcrete and rockbolt installation also occur as part of tunnel support.
In Rideau Station cavern, Crocodile Rouge continues mining the south bench. Activities such as shotcrete and rockbolt installation are ongoing.
In the running tunnel, crews install rebar and pour the tunnel arch final lining.
Downtown Integrated Stations – East and West Entrances – Lyon, Parliament and Rideau Stations
Lyon Station west entrance: crews continue line drilling and rock removals in anticipation of blasting. Piling and watermain work occur near the HVAC shaft.
Lyon Station east entrance: mechanical and electrical relocations continue along with concrete pours for the elevator walls.
Parliament Station west entrance: at the parking levels, crews continue pouring concrete columns. Electrical and mechanical relocations are ongoing.
Parliament Station east entrance: work begins to install interior hoarding. Concrete work continues at the parking levels.
Rideau Station east entrance: crews complete reinforcements including rockbolt installation. Blasting occurs during the week.
Rideau Station west entrance: excavation and reinforcements, including shoring, are ongoing.
Hurdman, Tremblay, St-Laurent, Cyrville and Blair Stations
At Hurdman Station, crews finalize underground plumbing and continue backfilling. Preliminary work for the Hurdman Station permanent bus loop occurs.
At Tremblay Station, concrete pours for footings and walls are ongoing. Crews finalize underground plumbing.
At St-Laurent Station, crews continue demolition of the platform. Backfilling and concrete wall pours are ongoing.
At Cyrville Station, crews form the stairwell and complete formwork on the operators’ building.
At Blair Station, crews backfill and pour concrete ceiling walls.
Guideway– CPR Overpass, Booth Street Bridge and Rideau River Transitway Bridge
Crews finalize mobilization in anticipation of demolition of the CPR Overpass.
At the Booth Street Bridge, crews continue preliminary work to form the deck.
At the Rideau River Transitway Bridge, excavation of the south abutment is ongoing as part of rehabilitation work.
Upcoming Construction Activities
The following construction activities are scheduled to occur:
In the coming weeks:
• Pimisi Station caisson installation.
• Lyon Station west entrance blasting.
• Lyon Station west Tunnel Vent Shaft excavation.
• Investigative boreholes for Rideau Station west entrance.
• Deck work at the Hurdman Station elevated guideway.
• Watermain work near St-Laurent Station.
• Structural steel erection at Cyrville Station.
In the coming months:
• Tunney’s Pasture bus loop and station preliminary works.
• Bayview Station preliminary works.
• Excavation of the ramp at West Portal.
• Transitway service adjustment from Lees to Laurier stations.
• uOttawa Station construction.
• Lees Station construction.
• Guideway and trackwork along the alignment.
• Assembly of Alstom Citadis light rail vehicles.