From all of us on the O-Train Confederation Line project, we would like to wish you a warm and safe holiday season.
Construction activities will continue on the O-Train Confederation Line over the holidays. As you make your way around the nation’s capital, please remember to stay off active construction sites and the guideway.
Regularly scheduled construction updates will resume in the New Year; stay on-track with us and follow the progress of this incredible project that will transform our nation’s capital. Until then, here are some fast facts and exciting construction milestones for 2017:
- All 13 O-Train Confederation Line stations are currently under construction, with Blair, Cyrville, St-Laurent and Tremblay stations substantially completed by mid-2017, with just final works remaining.
- The last section of running tunnel mining, from east of Parliament Station to west of Rideau Station, will be completed.
- Vehicle testing has begun on the guideway from Belfast Yard to Blair Station, and will be ongoing in phases until 2018.
- Five of the nine traction power sub-stations have been installed along the guideway, from Tunney’s Pasture to Blair stations.
- More than 34,000 roadheader picks have been used to mine the 2.5-kilometre tunnel.
- Approximately 6.5 kilometres of track has been installed at the Belfast Yard Maintenance, Storage and Administration Facility and approximately 11 kilometres along the guideway.
Here are some progress photos taken this month from various sites.